Hi ya’ll!! How’s your hump-day going? Since my tutorial release Monday and having that project off my checklist, I grabbed a few yards of fabric from my stash and went to work on a new project. Can’t tell you much about it, but you can see by the picture what I’ve been doing the past few days!
This is large piece 1 of 10 pattern pieces I pieced and quilted. I am loving this fabric together too, which surprisingly I got at JoAnn Fabrics last week. I was going for an old-school kind of vintage look. Did I succeed? I think so! My recipe for doing this technique is typically this: a piece of fleece (or in this case automotive headliner), a piece of canvas, then start with a block of fabric somewhere in the middle. I stitch around the main piece until I hit the borders, then I sew a few mixed pieces together and add them when needed.
Thankfully, I finished all the pieces this afternoon, so now I can go back and put the bag together. I can’t wait to see how it turns out. It’s going to be quite the big bag I think. I also had enough extra fabric from this bundle to make my Zakka Sew-Along project for the week, which I’ll share tomorrow.
Before I go, I wanted to let you know that I am now selling Robert Kaufman Essex Yarn Dyed Linen in my shop. The listing will be per yard, but I cut from the bolt so if you need continuous yardage you can get one giant piece! RK Essex is wonderful stuff and boy if I could have it in every color I would! ~Cindy~